Facing Fear: Overcoming Consumer Anxiety Webinar
An extraordinarily difficult year finally ended, but 2020’s challenges are still with us. Consumers are still operating from a place of insecurity, buffeted by the pandemic, unequal economic turmoil, political strife, and an ongoing struggle for racial justice. Join us for a session exploring exclusive data from the final edition of our series on consumer anxiety, focusing on sentiment and behavior in the face of these challenges.
Data was collected for this research just before the pandemic in December 2019, again in June 2020, and just after the US election in November 2020 – revealing the tremendous impact the last year had on the American psyche. Brands and organizations need to adapt to a new reality to maintain authentic, trusting and engaged relationships with their employees and consumers.
This webinar, presented by Alter Agents CEO Rebecca Brooks, CSO Devora Rogers, and Marketing Communications Manager Clayton Southerly dives into our major findings:
- A year into the pandemic, healthcare is the top concern for Americans and will drive behavioral choices for the foreseeable future
- The COVID Economy’s impact on consumers is strikingly uneven, favoring the wealthy and leaving working Americans farther behind with serious consequences for diverging consumer confidence
- The tenor and conduct of our politics has left most Americans believing that we’re in need of significant reforms
- Though farther down the list of priorities since the summer’s protests, consumers think we’re making progress on racial justice and are calling on brands to lead
- Rebuilding from here is an all-of-society effort
Our Facing Fear Research Series
Drawing on world-class analysis from researchers at Alter Agents and commentary by thought leaders in economics, political science, and psychology, this reporting series is a must-read to understand the consumer mindset entering the second year of the pandemic.
Facing Fear: Understanding Anxious Consumers
Facing Fear: Consumer Anxiety in 2020
Facing Fear: Overcoming Consumer Anxiety
Interested in having thoughtful research like this conducted to answer your business challenges?
Thought Leadership Updates
Get updates in your email.